Weight Loss Plastic Surgery | Body Contouring for Excess Skin & TissueAfter losing a substantial amount of weight, both men and women often still struggle with excess or hanging skin and loose tissue that has been left behind. Being previously overweight can stretch out the skin and cause it to lose its elasticity over time. Once skin has lost its laxity, it often does not tighten up to the body’s smaller contours after significant weight loss. Body contouring surgery with plastic surgeon Dr. Barlow can help add the finishing touch to the contours of the body once it has reached a new, stable weight.
How does body contouring in McLean, Virginia work?Body contouring surgery after weight loss in McLean, Virginia & Annapolis, Maryland involves a set of procedures that Dr. Barlow discusses with each patient, that is specific to what needs to be addressed with their body. Since excess skin can be an issue for multiple areas of the body after weight loss, body contouring combines multiple procedures to tighten and/or remove the skin to the body’s slimmer shape. Some common procedures involved in body contouring are:
- Upper arm lift: For excess skin around the upper arm
- Body lift (Belt Lipectomy): For excess skin around the upper or lower body (Such as the hips, buttocks, waist, etc)
- Thigh lift: For excess skin on the inner and outer thighs
- Breast lift: For breasts that have been affected by sagging skin
- Tummy tuck: For excess skin around the abdomen