Laser skin resurfacing works first by targeting damaged skin pigments and tissues, then by prompting the growth of new collagen in your skin. In that sense, laser skin resurfacing offers the best of both worlds. At Chesapeake Plastic Surgery, our laser skin resurfacing treatment is a truly unique, sophisticated technology that helps fight visible signs of aging skin in the best ways possible: by healing the skin.
Who it’s For
Patients over the age of 18 can benefit from laser skin resurfacing treatments. But what conditions and skin problems does it specifically address?
Laser resurfacing can refresh and rejuvenate your skin if you are bothered by:
- Age spots
- Acne scars
- Wrinkles and age lines
- Sun spots
- Flawed skin texture
- Flawed skin pigmentation
A full array of options
When you come in for a consultation about laser skin resurfacing, you’ll find that we use a full complement of different laser technologies, so that we can use the one that meets your cosmetic goals perfectly. The laser technologies used by our experts include:
- Isolaz: Treats acne and rosacea by using a combination of vacuum and light to help loosen pores, and then destroy bacteria that causes acne and cleanse skin. The vacuum helps bring up impurities closer to the surface so that it may be extracted much more gently, while the broadband light kills bacteria.
- Thermage: Uses radiofrequency heat therapy to smooth lines and wrinkles, with essentially no downtime. Thermage is a non-invasive way to smooth sagging skin on both the face and body through remodeling one’s collagen and skin health.
- ClearScan YAG: Treats small veins on the face or legs. The cooling device on the end of the handpiece makes treatment less uncomfortable.
- Contour TRL: This resurfacing laser treats tightens the skin, as well as improves its tone and texture.
- Forever Young BBL™: This uses pulsed light to treat signs of aging, including discolored spots (particularly browns and reds). It can be used on many parts of the body, not just the face and legs, but chest and arms as well.
- ProFractional Therapy: Used to minimize fine lines, wrinkles and acne scarring by initiating the regrowth of tissue and collagen. The depth as well as area of treatment can be adjusted to meet the individual’s needs and goals.
- SkinTyte II: Safe for all skin types. SkinTyte II comfortably treats all areas of the body through infrared energy that prompts the firming of tissues. Energy is delivered in gentle pulses to promote contraction of skin.
All of these laser treatment are not only effective, but results are felt right away, with no risk of scarring. And they’re quick, too. They provide an efficient means of revitalizing and refreshing your skin and getting back to your busy life feeling better than ever. When you come in for a consultation, our team will help you determine which technologies are perfectly suited for you.
How it works
During laser skin resurfacing, a laser is used to remove areas of damaged or wrinkled skin, layer by layer. This method produces less bleeding and, bruising and post-operative discomfort than is typically seen with other resurfacing methods.
Simply put, laser skin resurfacing works by destroying damaged skin cells, and subsequently stimulating the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
Are you ready to refresh yourself with laser resurfacing?
Click here to contact our office and schedule your appointment. Alternatively, you can reach out to our team directly in Annapolis at 410-224-2395 or Tyson’s Corner at 703-448-3800.