Unwanted body hair can be irritating and frustrating for many people, especially women. Excess body hair can make a person feel unattractive and self-conscious.
While there are many hair-removal strategies, the one that works best damages the hair follicle so that hair doesn’t grow again. Laser hair removal can do this easily and is quite popular as a result.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal involves the use of laser light to destroy hair follicles in the skin. This is quite an effective hair-removal procedure. Since the follicle gets destroyed in the process, any hair is unlikely to grow again. Laser hair removal is typically a permanent solution, unlike shaving and waxing.
How It Works
Selective photothermolysis is the method behind the treatment. It involves the use of a specific wavelength of light that affects targeted tissue without damaging the surrounding tissues.
Lasers are effective in targeting hair follicles by heating basal stem cells in the follicle while not heating other tissues. The FDA has approved laser hair removal as a treatment for permanent hair reduction.
The Lumenis LightSheer Duet
The LightSheer Duet is a device offered by Lumenis that makes use of lasers to remove unwanted body hair. The LightSheer Duet employs diode lasers that boast vacuum-assisted technology. It can remove body hair much faster than other procedures and is also much more comfortable.
There are two basic types of procedure this technology can be used for. The high-speed handpiece is useful for treating large areas, while the ET handpiece is suitable for smaller areas of the body.
The hands or legs can be treated within 15 minutes, which is much faster compared to conventional methods that would have taken an hour’s time. Some great features of laser hair removal using this method are as follows:
• There is no need to use anesthetics to numb the skin.
• The time required for preparation and treatment is drastically reduced compared to traditional hair removal.
• The laser can penetrate deep, leading to greater absorption of energy at the follicular level.
• The procedure is known for comfortable, safe, and effective hair removal.
• The device has intuitive touch screens that make its operation simple.
• It can save time and effort for the doctor.
• Since the targeted area is close to the laser source, it ensures that the epidermis absorbs less energy, making the procedure very safe.
• It uses chill-tip technology to cool the skin prior to commencing treatment and after the procedure is done. This ensures greater comfort for the patient.
• The vacuum-assisted technology draws the skin into the handpiece. The skin then gets stretched to make the target move closer to the source of energy. Once the target is damaged, the skin is released. This technology ensures better results.
The technology used and the benefits provided make Lumenis LightSheer Duet a highly effective laser hair-removal method.
If you’re ready address your unwanted hair, pay a visit to Dr. Haven Barlow, a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon, and schedule your consultation today. She has helped numerous patients get rid of unwanted hair. If you have any questions or concerns, Dr. Barlow and our staff will be happy to help.